• Not all granites are "true" granites however for commercial
purposes they are grouped together.
• There are subtle differences between black granites.
They are not all the same.
• Granite will scratch and chip when abused however
it can be repaired.
• Granite can stain however it is possible for it to be removed.
• Not all granites need to be sealed.
• If a granite needs to be sealed, do it since this will avoid
most absorption problems.
• Sealing correctly is not a five minute job. Take care
and time and do it properly.
• Granite sealed correctly will last for many years before
• Granite does not contain harmful radon gases.
• Granite does not come from only mountainous regions.
• Thin and long narrow lengths of granite will break easily.
• If the granite surface is not correctly prepared (bottomed
out) it may lose its polish.
• Granite is not expensive in comparison to other so-called
• Granite is not difficult to clean, mild soap and water
is all that is generally required.
• Granite is not man-made and does not come from
a factory mould! Each piece is unique.
Information compliments of verdeubatuba.com